Outstanding Senior Award
Annual award for seniors majoring in sociology or criminology who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership and extra-curricular involvement in the community. Candidates are nominated and selected by the faculty. Awards are given at the end of the school year.
- 2022 – Brianna Perez and Regan Smock
- Brianna Perez is graduating with a BA in Criminology and Regan Smock is graduating with a BS in Sociology. Brianna will pursue a JD at the University of Arizona's James E. Rogers College of Law, while Regan will continue on in our department as a PhD candidate.
- 2021 – Natalie Grodnitzky
- Natalie Grodnitzky is graduating with a BA in Criminology (Honors) and with two minors in Sociology and Rhetoric. Natalie was an active member of our department, as well as of the University community. During her senior year, she worked as a research assistant for the Crime and Justice Policy Research Program at the Universitiy’s Public Policy Center. She also served as an undergraduate teaching assistant for two Criminology classes and volunteered with Hawkeyes for Humanity, a club that raises money for natural disaster relief. In her honors thesis, she examined the formation of legal cynicism among privileged groups. Natalie is headed to the University of California-Irvine to pursue a PhD in Criminology.
- 2020 - Sidney Martinez
- Sidney Martinez is currently serving as a Project Assistant for Berger Schatz.
- 2019 - Alessandra Sabra and Emma Fenstermaker
- Alessandra is currently serving as a Law Clerk for the Dakota County Attorney's Office
- Emma Fenstermaker is currently serving as a Research Assistant for Carnegie Mellon University.
- 2018 - Diggy Digiovanni
- Diggy Digiovanni is serving as a Resident Manager at Our House, a nonprofit residential home for children in foster care who are transitioning into adulthood.